Thursday 9 May 2019

TIE - Part 19

This Thursday we had our second performance of the TIE piece. Overall, this performance went better than the previous performance - I think this was because I had a clear structure on how to talk to the TA when directly facilitating and talking to them. This performance we had a lower ability group, however, I think they had the same excellent grasp on Macbeth that the higher ability group did and were able to engage in the piece with ease - I think this was because we catered to their ability rather than the higher ability. Moreover, I felt that I pronounced words better than I had done in the previous performance. I will evaluate my performance below: 
  • The thoughts section received fewer laughs on my part, however, it was still effective. 
  • The translation of Act 1, Scene 2 was accurate as it was last week. 
  • I made sure that my speech was much clearer and much more pronounced during the reading of quotes from Act 3, Scene 4. 
  • My discussion with the TA part of the way through Act 1, Scene 7 was much better than it was last week. This was because I stuck to the structure that I had established in my previous blogs which allowed for better conversation and a better understanding of ideas. The girls who I was talking to easily grasped the concept of the sliders and were able to find quotes from this scene and later on in the play to solidify their ideas.
  • My facilitation after Act 1, Scene 7 I think was much better than last week. This is because we had organised a way to get students' opinions on the matter. Moreover, I repeated what the students were saying and related back to what they were saying later in my facilitation when speaking to Bella after the facilitation. This repetition also made me listen more to what the students were saying which aided me in my facilitation. 
  • My discussion with the TA after Act 2, Scene 2 was much better because the students had to look for all the quotes. This meant that they were more engaged. Moreover, the girls who I was talking to were able to answer my question about other quotes that could be related to the quotes we had on the board. 
  • My facilitation of the hamartia section wasn't as good as my other sections of facilitation. This was because I fumbled on which slider I was talking about, however, I did recover from this.
Thus ends our TIE journey. I believe that we covered the majority of the client's needs and engaged our TA pretty well. There were a few things that I would want to adapt in the piece such as the explanation of the witches' prophecy and to make it so that it is focused more on Macbeth's character development and how this is shaped by other things in a much more structured way. Nevertheless, it achieved its aim and our TA is better prepared for their exam next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

TIE - Part 19

This Thursday we had our second performance of the TIE piece. Overall, this performance went better than the previous performance - I think ...