Saturday 4 May 2019

TIE - Part 17

On Thursday we had our first performance of the TIE piece. There were certainly moments that worked well however, in some aspects there were limitations. I'm going to evaluate my own performance in relation to this:

Positives 

  • My role as one of the thoughts achieved laughs thus catering to the humorous element; this section clearly related to much of our TA and can be regarded as a success. 
  • During the general facilitation at the start of the piece, I focused on the person who was talking. 
  • My translation of Act 1, Scene 2 was clear. 
  • My reading of specific lines from Act 4, Scene 3 were emphasised correctly; moreover, I remembered them accurately. 
  • To some extent the 1st facilitation went well as I talked to a Y11 named 'John' who responded to my questions well enough. 
  • My explanation of what to do in the post 1,7 facilitation was clear. 
  • I covered for Leah in the Witches section effectively. 
  • The TA reacted exactly as we thought they would when confronted with the hamartia quote/physical representation which helped in the lack of enthusiasm when we said 'quote to prove it'. 
  • I remembered my quote during the argument - I am oft prone to forgetting it in rehearsal. (They have tied me to a stake I cannot fly but bear-like I must fight the course.)

Negatives
  • My facilitation of Act 1, Scene 7 could have been much improved; I didn't stick to the structure set out in my previous blog and thus the conversation wasn't as good as I was expecting to have and thus was a little awkward. 
  • During the post 1,7 facilitation, I talked to a group of girls; the questions and explanations I offered weren't as clear as I would've wanted them to be and thus it felt awkward. Moreover, I feel like I impacted negatively on their understanding. 
  • There were no laughs when I was killed by Lauren as Duncan. 
  • My 2,2 facilitation was poor. 'John' immediately got the right answer and I forgot to ask my follow up questions and so I was stood in silence for most of the facilitation part. In the next performance I must stick to the structure I set out in my previous blog. 
  • I felt my facilitation post-hamartia could have been better and a lot clearer. 
  • I don't like the physical representation of the quote that Bruce gives - I think we should all just clear off the stage allowing more emphasis to be put on the quote. 
  • The part at the end where we all give advice was too complicated as there were 3 different people speaking at once and our TA didn't know who to look at. 
Overall, I believe this was an effective first performance. I do think that my facilitation methods could be improved upon however, in general, the TA understood where I was coming from and knew the answers immediately. It's the follow up questions that I appear to have an issue with to extend their learning. Most of the things that need to be improved are a group thing or don't involve myself that much. Thus I believe the performance was somewhat effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TIE - Part 19

This Thursday we had our second performance of the TIE piece. Overall, this performance went better than the previous performance - I think ...