Sunday 6 May 2018

Anatomy of a Suicide - Part 39

Evaluation of Cast B performances 

The Cast B performances were as follows:

Thursday 26th April 2018
Monday 30th April 2018

I was doing the transitions for both of these performances and for the most part did well. However, there were some small mistakes in both performances that although were hardly noticeable to the audience, were noticeable to others on stage.

Thursday


Into Scene 4 - struggled to get Blue Scrubs on Bella which made the transition look messy and slower. On Monday, I made sure that the scrubs were folded in such a way so that I could easily put them on Bella.

Into Scene 7 - struggled to get Carol's bag to Kathryn on time due to the number of things that I had to do in this transition which meant that I appeared to rush the transition. Moreover, there were no cigarettes in the bag, which wasn't my fault but still impacted on Kathryn's performance. Before Monday's performance, I made sure that there were cigarettes in the bag and checked again throughout Scene 5 and 6. I also didn't rush the transition as much outwardly even though on the outside I was panicking about the amount I had to do in the transition.

Into Scene 10 - bumped Bella when trying to get to the table which made the transition look messy. Instead of squeezing past her, I should have gone around her, which I did on Monday to avoid making the transition look messy.

Into Scene 12 - there was no chair on Bella's stage so I had to bring a Hospital Chair on from offstage to Bonnie's side of the stage.

Monday

The transition into Scene 12 was again messed up slightly. In Scene 11 the hospital chair that was supposed to be on Anna's stage, was on Bonnie's stage. From my position backstage Stage Right, I couldn't see the chair on Bonnie's stage and as the chair wasn't on Anna's stage, assumed that there was no chair for me on stage to take across for Scene 12 which meant that I brought on another hospital chair. When I got to Bonnie's stage, I had to put down my hospital chair in the position and take off the hospital chair that someone had put on Bonnie's stage. Not only did this extend the transition, it also made it look extremely messy as Peter also went for this hospital chair. Despite this, myself, Peter, and Kathryn all timed our sitting down at the right time and much better than we had timed it previously in rehearsal and on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TIE - Part 19

This Thursday we had our second performance of the TIE piece. Overall, this performance went better than the previous performance - I think ...